With pleasure, I invite you to come and see the Herculane resort. Baile Herculane is one of the oldest spas in the world, with documentary evidence of over 1850 years. During the Roman civilization, the resort on the Cerna Valley was an important attraction for the aristocracy of ancient Rome. Impressed by the exceptional healing power of the sacred waters of the Cerna Valley, the Romans who arrived in Dacia worshiped a true spa cult under the tutelary sign of Hercules.
The uninterrupted existence of Băile Herculane resort for two millennia was favored by the miraculous effects of the thermal springs, being considered a “gift of the gods” but also by the picturesque settlement of the resort in a valley sheltered by mountains, of special beauty. The first-class technical-urban endowment at a high-quality comfort and the rich diversification of the treatment methods from the classic spa cure to various methods of physiotherapy and electrotherapy, massages, acupuncture, etc. they gave this resort a high degree of attractiveness. Multiple means of recreation and entertainment, restaurants, bars, summer terraces, swimming pools with thermal water, sauna, massage, billiards, etc. – as well as the possibilities of hiking and excursions in the resort and on the Cerna Valley, it is an additional attraction for the visitors of the spa town Băile Herculane.
What to visit in Herculane?
The Cave of the Outlaws (“Cave of Thieves”) in which traces of human habitation from the Paleolithic were discovered.
• Vicol Park, the communist stage of development of the resort: Summer Theater, Dacia, Domogled, Diana, Aphrodite, Minerva hotels.
• Public springs in Băile Herculane: Domogled flat water spring, Argus eye spring, Stomach spring, Diana III internal healing spring, Scorillo spring.
• Visiting center of Domogled National Park – Valea Cernei, inaugurated in 2015, with three visiting sections: Hall of caves (basement), Hall of flora and fauna of the Park (ground floor), Hall of communities.
• Themed tourist hiking trails: “In the footsteps of Empress Elizabeth” (“At the queen’s gazebo”), “The route of King Michael” (“At the White Cross”), “The road of miraculous waters” (Domogled Spring, Eye Spring, Stomach Spring , The spring of internal cure Diana III), “Roman Road” (Roman Street, Roman Aqueduct, Roman Imperial Baths)
The statue of Hercules, erected in 1847, is the work of masters Rammelmayer and Glantz of Vienna.
• The historical center of the royal period (interwar): Villa Crăciunescu, Dr. Cerna Hotel, Izvorul de ochi, Izvorul de stomac.
Where to live when you arrive in Herculane?
I highly recommend Grand Hotel Minerva which invites you to discover in Băile Herculane the refinement, hospitality and comfort of a 4-star hotel, a special concept for one of the oldest spas in the world.
The services that this wonderful hotel offers you are the following:
You can swim in the semi-Olympic pool, you can opt for the whirlpool, where the 3 jets corresponding to each place, aim to relax the muscles in the lumbar area, shoulders and legs.
Post-treatment for sports injuries or muscle pain after training. Positive effects in the treatment of lumbago and rheumatism. Improved blood flow, so the body is better supplied with oxygen. Metabolism and blood circulation are stimulated. IR radiation can be beneficial in preventing heart disease and diseases caused by poor blood circulation. Infrared radiation causes processes that purify the body and reduce the level of acidity in the body.
The hammam is an ancestral ritual of beautifying and strengthening the body, having an extraordinary ability to restore well-being and purify the body, both externally and internally. Not only do you cleanse your skin in the most effective way possible, but it also purifies your internal organs, freeing them of toxins.
To make the time spent in the Spa more pleasant, we offer a variety of soft drinks, fresh drinks, coffee, teas, and in summer you can enjoy the sun’s rays on the sun loungers arranged on the outdoor terrace.
For details on prices and services, you can find out here.
I invite you to discover some ideas of super cool gadgets to take with you on your journeys, and you can find them here.
If this information was valuable and useful to you, let me know in the comments section below if you were there or if you will go there and I appreciate it from you to know your travel experience to Baile Herculane. Also, it is always friendly and nice to share the news you discovered every day.
TAKE CARE OF YOU!